Thursday, August 21, 2008

108 wins and counting...

Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh won Olympic gold in beach volleyball for the United States without losing a single game or dropping a single match. For someone who refused to even take part in a beach volleyball league for fun this summer, I enjoyed watching these two play, as I have in the past. They make it look so easy. Meanwhile, I'm thinking how much I would hate getting sand in my mouth if I had to lunge for the ball. But even more impressive, they've won 108 consecutive matches. May-Treanor and Walsh are relentless and they admit that they are competitive to a fault, but how many other athletes/teams, amateur or professional, can claim a streak that long?

This, I think, should definitely be classified as a "go, girl!" moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment