Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quick note on Giants-Browns game

Will not mention how appalled I was at how terrible the Giants played, like they had completely forgotten who they are: man up, G-men!

Would like to say, however, that I was almost more appalled at how many penalties the Browns racked up. Even I know that a professional football team should not be getting a false start penalty on every single play. How hard is it to wait for the snap? Isn't it something you have ALL WEEK to practice and doesn't it involve little more than memorization and counting? It's not even counting to five! Three year olds can do it!

That being said, I would also like to ask if there is anyone out there that can explain to me what in the heck a "brown" is? I thought a team mascot like the University of Minnesota Gophers was pretty embarrassing (are gophers really striking fear into the hearts of anyone?), but at least I know what a gopher is. Abstract ideas and/or colors seem even less threatening and wondering what it could possibly be was kinda (though probably thankfully this week) distracting me from watching the actual game...

No comments:

Post a Comment