Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New York Rangers causing this non-hockey fan some puck-related excitement

I do not watch hockey. I don't understand it, I don't know any of the players, and I can never tell who has the puck. But I am a fan of New York teams, so I've been watching some of the Stanley Cup playoffs, since the Rangers are in it. Last night the boyfriend and I had the Rangers-Caps game on in the background while we were on our laptops working, but surprisingly, we were actually doing some watching, too.

And what a game to watch.

The Knicks, despite their last-chance win against the Heat the other night, and the first-round Rangers, who for some reason struggled mightily against an eighth-seed teem despite being a number one seed, have made me skeptical of things going well in the playoffs this time of year, so I wasn't surprised when the Rangers were down 2-1 with seconds to go in the game. The boyfriend and I had two shows about to start recording at 10 p.m. so our tv channel was going to change anyway, which was good, because I didn't really want to see the Rangers lose. And then, just a mere few seconds before my television automatically changed over, the Rangers tied it up.

Pretty exciting stuff.

So of course I had to stop one of my recordings and go back to NBC Sports to see the rest of the game, and what do I find? The Predators-Coyotes game is on! WTF? I had to scramble around to see if they were showing OT on another station (they weren't - the other game was just on during the intermission), and found it just as, less than two minutes into OT, the Rangers got a goal and won it.

It really is all about timing, isn't it?

So while the Knicks are crashing and burning in spectacular fashion, at least now the Rangers are up 3 games to 2 in this series. Let's keep the momentum going, boys! You may make a hockey fan out of this girl yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment