Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Women in sports...or not ::sigh::

The 2012 London Summer Olympics are almost upon us. And the big news in female Olympians today? That hurdler Lolo Jones plans to remain a virgin until she marries.

Why, why, why, why, why????? Who cares? If you've read any of my other blog posts in this and my television blog, you know that I'm very frustrated by the "news" today...why are news agencies reporting on things that aren't news? Do I admire that someone who is in the mainstream and is a bit of a celebrity has the conviction to stick to what she believes? Sure. But I would rather have read an article about her prowess as a hurdler, how she's hoping to come back as the favorite to win the gold in Beijing and actually take it this time. You get to read so little about women athletes in "big name" news and this is what I have to deal with when we finally get an article about us??? I'm not even going to link to the article because I'm too annoyed. It's on the Huffington Post if you're interested. Me, I'll be waiting for real news about female athletes.


No comments:

Post a Comment