Saturday, June 2, 2012

Johan Santana makes Mets history

Congratulations to Johan Santana on his no-hitter yesterday for the New York Mets. As we all know, I'm an avid Yankees fan, but I don't hate on big achievements (especially if it doesn't affect my Yanks!) and I especially don't hate on New York teams. Apparently it's the first in Mets' history, and while a no-hitter is not as rare and therefore not as special as a perfect game, it's still a big deal, especially in a day and age where the almighty pitch count rules and very few starting pitchers actually finish a game. (I'll be honest though, guys and girls - I had to ask my boyfriend the difference between a perfect game and a no-hitter - a no-hitter explains itself, but in a perfect game, there are no walks, hit-by-pitches, etc. and no one even gets on base). Sports lesson of the day, y'all! Enjoy your weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment