Sunday, September 13, 2009

A few days late but congrats to Jeter...

...for passing Lou Gehrig's Yankee hit record. It happened Friday night. The game was delayed more than two hours because of rain, which actually worked to my benefit as i was driving out east to the North Fork of Long Island for the finale of my month-long birthday celebration. The rain delay gave me enough time to get there and get to a Friday's for dinner where I was able to watch Derek get his record breaking hit. I had my Derek Jeter shirt on in support of him and the bar was full of Yankee fans, so that when he got his single, everyone in the place started clapping and cheering, which was kinda fun. As with most sports, a lot of the fun is in the atmosphere, in being around other people who are having fun and enjoying the game, too, so it was nice that that's how it went down, even though the Yanks ended up losing to the Orioles.

So, a late congrats to Derek Jeter for his new record and for doing it in a year when the Yankees have, for the first time in many years, a very real shot at making it back to the World Series...

Fingers crossed, knock on wood! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment