Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do or die

Yes, it's a Saturday, but there are NFL playoff games today. In case you were wondering where your boyfriend or husband disappeared to. He's watching football. But don't worry. Saturday games means the season is almost over.

I'm not really invested in either of today's games, but every game now is do or die and we have a couple of recent champions in the mix, including tonight's game with the New Orleans Saints. My best friend totally jumped on the Saints band wagon the year they beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, so she'll be rooting for them today. I'll be interested to see which champions get knocked out and which ones make it to the next round.

Tomorrow is the day I'm excited for. My New York Giants are playing, of course. I'm calm right now because I haven't been thinking about it. Tomorrow is also Steelers v. Broncos. I hate Ben Roethlisberger. For that reason alone I'll be rooting for the Broncos.

But this weekend is where we find out which teams will step up and which teams want it more. Because the winners get one step closer to the Super Bowl, and the losers just go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment