Sunday, January 1, 2012

End of the road

For most NFL teams, this week is the end of the road. Unfortunately for my dad and brother and many other male relatives, one of those teams is the New York Jets. The thing is, you can't wait until Week 17 to step up and start playing like a playoff team, and on top of it, if you need to not only win but have three other teams lose in order to even make the playoffs, you can't throw 3 interceptions. I'm looking at you Mark Sanchez.

But us New Yorkers have one more shot. Unlike the Jets, the New York Giants have their destiny in their own hands. All they have to do is beat the Dallas Cowboys tonight. The hated Cowboys. The Giants haven't been playing like a playoff team at all toward the end of this season. I feel like even if they win tonight, they're not going to get far in the playoffs at all. But I'm wearing my Victoria's Secret Giants underwear for good luck. I'm wearing my powder blue sparkly Giants jersey for good luck. I really want to see them crush the Cowboys. I don't like them and I really like having a New York team to root for in the postseason. But if that plan falls through, I'm gonna have to go with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. As I've said before, I'm no cheesehead. But Rodgers, unlike Tom Brady, is very likeable, and he's very talented. Hopefully he won't have to carry his whole team. But we still have a bit of a ways to go. Giants v. Cowboys at 8:20 p.m. EST tonight. Be there or be square!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you a year full of achievements in 2012 on all levels!

    ReplyDelete