Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baseball fan alert: World Series Game One tonight

Game 1, Phillies v. Yanks at Yankee Stadium, 7:57 p.m. on Fox. It's possible there will be a rain delay as it's been torrential downpours here on Long Island all day but I heard the weather's supposed to clear by tonight, so I've got my fingers crossed.

There's a clip from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a show on FX, that I'm looking for because this past week's episode was called "The World Series Defense" and it takes place in 2008 when the Phillies were playing in the World Series (they're defending champions) and the gang is trying to get into the game. With the Phillies in the Series again, starting this week, this ep was perfectly timed. This show usually makes me laugh, but it had me totally cracking up, and though I'm a diehard Yankee fan as we all know, the gang as Phillies fans and all the Phillies jokes and even the Phillies love (gotta respect that - Rob McElhenney, the main co-creator behind the show, was born and raised in Philadelphia) was hilarious. There's one part in particular that I'm looking for. If I can find it, I'll post it. Meanwhile...

Watch the game!

Go Yanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment