Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jets fans, welcome to Freeport...



I just noticed this this week, that Ocean Avenue, the street around the block from me, has been ceremoniously renamed "D'Brickashaw Ferguson Way." I've spoken of Brick before. He was a friend of my sister's in junior high and high school - I remember taking my sister to her first day of junior high and speaking with him in the hallway.

He's an offensive starter for the Jets now. And the Jets are doing really well. So, having grown up on Ocean, around the block from where we live, I guess it's only appropriate that we acknowledge our current "hometown hero." My sister says he may be getting a little too full of himself. I'm not sure I wouldn't if I was also in his shoes. Anyway, it's the Jets. And they're rockin'. So Brick is rockin'. Hence Ocean, "D'Brickashaw Way" is rockin'...

Can't wait till they name a street after me... :)

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

(Go, Giants!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment