Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hockey

I think I may have written this before, but with hockey season starting again, I thought I'd just remind people that you're probably not gonna read a lot about hockey in here. I don't watch hockey. I don't get hockey. I've been to one hockey game in my life and I didn't really watch it. I dated a guy a few years ago who was totally into hockey and when he stopped calling me back, I cheered, both to myself and out loud, when the NHL went on strike about a month later (I know, a little evil...still don't care). Anyway, that's probably the most attention I've ever paid to hockey.

Sometimes you get drawn into a sport cuz of your dad. Sometimes cuz of a brother. Sometimes you may have played that sport in a PAL league when you were little. Sometimes a team does well and you jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes there's a cute player. And sometimes, you get into a sport to impress a guy. It's okay, we can say it. It's not how you get into a sport that's important. I do know a couple of guys who are into hockey. The Rangers' Henrik Lundquist is super hot. I just don't understand the game and I don't have anyone to explain it to me. If you can explain it to me, then I'll try to watch a game. Till then, I'm gonna stick to the sports I know. But that could always change. And I'll be sure to let you know if it does...

No comments:

Post a Comment