Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mauer Power!

Ok, anyway who reads this blog on a regular basis knows that I am an unabashed Yankees fan.

I have more than a soft spot, however, for the Twins.

It all stems from Joe Mauer, of course. If you read this blog, you know about my not so secret love affair with Minnesota's home-grown golden boy. But tonight, the Twins tied the Detroit Tigers for first place in the AL Central race. That's it...that's pretty much the only race left. We know the Dodgers and the Phillies are gonna make it, but the question still remains whether the Twins or the Tigers will make it to the postseason.

I am a huge Joe Mauer fan. Besides Derek Jeter, and possibly even in front of, he might be my favorite player playing today. In baseball. Or in any sport. Besides that, one of my best friends moved to Minnesota several years ago and so I have so ties and affinity to the team and region. There are so many fly-over, middle-states I don't care about, but Minnesota is not one of them...

Anyway, in the last week, the Tigers have been fading, and the Twins have been surging. The worst part is, of course, that should the Twins outlast the Tigers, they'll face the Yankees in the first round, and we all know where my loyalties lie when it comes down to that. If Joe Mauer and I are meant to be, he'll love me in spite of my Yankees loyalty...

Still, even though I'll be hoping for a first round ouster, I'm hoping for a few more days of Twins action in the post-season. I wear my Derek Jeter shirt with pride, but I wear my Joe Mauer shirt with equal pride... homegrown boys represent!

Mauer Power! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment