Wednesday, September 28, 2011

If you want to support your team but you'd rather do it in pink, October is the month to do it...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, something every woman (and every man who knows and/or loves a woman) should know. Breast cancer awareness is all about the pink ribbon, so at this time of year, you see a lot of pink everywhere. Including sports gear and team apparel.

It's like my own personal, pink heaven.

Anyway, you're a girl, and you want to support your team by wearing a Mets shirt or a Jets jersey, but you just don't look good in blue or orange or green...well I say, get it in pink. Not only do you should team spirit and pride, but you look cute doing it AND you're probably supporting either the Susan G. Komen foundation or National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Just as a specific shout-out, I went to the Dick's Sporting Goods website just now to try to find a New York Jets jersey to buy (Mark Sanchez? Darrelle Revis? Sporting green? Girly sparkles? Too many choices! And where can I find a D'Brickashaw Ferguson jersey so I can show some hometown pride!) and they're doing a whole "the power of pink" promotion during October. You can find more info here.

And it's not just team apparel - if you play a sport, or you run or bike, or whatever, you can find equipment or accessories or whatnot in pink, too. As I mentioned in another one of my posts, the boyfriend bought me a set of pink (breast cancer awareness) golf clubs for my birthday, which just made me love him all the more.

Obviously, you don't have to wear pink if you're a girl who's into sports - personally, I'm totally into the color, but more importantly, breast cancer awareness is very personal to me and a cause close to my heart. So do you - wear your greens and blues and oranges and reds loud and proud! But if you'd rather do it in pink, this is the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment