Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rant of the day: Why is this considered sports news???

Today on MSNBC.com, one of their top 8 sports section headlines is "Cameron Diaz, Alex Rodriguez split."

Really? *That's* one of the top sports stories of the day??

Maybe it's because I'm just not girly in the way of caring which celebrity or athlete is dating which other celebrity or athlete in any which way or form. (I know, I know, it's almost sacrilegious, but if people don't care enough about my relationship with my boyfriend for it to make headlines, I don't really see why I should care about anyone else's! :) ...)

Or maybe it's just cuz I'm not a huge fan of either Cameron Diaz (except for when she was in There's Something About Mary) or A-Rod (except for when he doesn't choke in a high pressure situation on the field). See, because I was actually kind of excited when Nick Swisher and JoAnna Garcia got together and got married - they both just seem so nice and sweet and adorable! (I am determined to make my fairweather Yankee fan boyfriend Swisher's new Number One Fan, but that's a post for another day).

The point is, put A-Rod's personal life in the entertainment section, unless the news is that he and Cameron Diaz broke up while he got an RBI on a base hit with two strikes and two outs, because *that* would be sports-newsworthy!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment