Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rant of the Day: Super Bowl 2014 logo unveiled

The logo and ad campaign for Super Bowl 2014 was apparently unveiled today, and while every news story covering it talks about how there is a snowflake involved in the design (since the game will be played in an open-air stadium in the middle of winter) as well as the George Washington Bridge connecting New York and New Jersey...which I will get to in a minute. First...don't tell me what the logo looks like. Show me! Come on!

Second, the logo featuring the GW Bridge is appropriate, since the football stadium in which the NEW YORK Giants and NEW YORK Jets play is, logically, in...NEW JERSEY. Why? How does that make any sense? How come it can take my friend Suzy, who lives in Jersey, five minutes to get to the Meadowlands but it takes me, a New Yorker, at least an hour? And sometimes more, depending on traffic. And there's always traffic. I get that maybe there's not enough room in Manhattan for a stadium. Or even in Brooklyn or Queens. But how about Westchester? For us downstaters that's borderline upstate and also kind of far and close to also not being a part of (metro) New York  (I know, we're weird), but at least it would be in-state. This has always driven me nuts. And thank you, 2014 Super Bowl logo that I have not even yet seen, for bringing up the crazy once again this fine Tuesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment