Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just call me Miss Tiger Woods - embarking on a golf adventure

You're looking for the word "mini" up there in the post title, aren't you? Yes, it has been said that I'm fairly good on the miniature golf course. I can putt wearing only one contact in my eye and still make a hole in one. Windmills and waterfalls ain't got nothin' on me.

But now it's time for the big leagues.

Golf, as a spectator sport, has never seemed anything but dull, dull, dull. When my grandfather would have it on the television in his house, my cousins and I would all run away...until he left the room, and then we'd put on The Simpsons.

But golf as a hobby, golf as a sport, has recently begun to intrigue me. There is no running around from one end of a court or field to the other. There is no tackling or sliding or any other kind of physical contact with others. Golf is physical, yes, what with the walking and the swinging and whatnot, but it is a gentlemen's sport, a ladies' sport.

It's a sport in which I can wear a really cute outfit. Something with argyle. And probably pink.

And so it was with those thoughts in my head that I oohed and aahed over golf clubs - pink, of course - in a Dick's Sporting Goods store recently and the boyfriend took note and bought them for me last week for my birthday.

I love him so much.

I haven't used them yet, but being the good boyfriend that he is, he's going to take me to a driving range one of these days so I can give those bad boys a whirl. I think I'll be good at the whole driving thing. I have a lot of pent up frustration and anger. This could be good, clean, therapeutic fun.

Now all I need are some pink argyle knee socks and a hat with a pom pom and I'm good to go.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment